That stretch of grass beyond your front (and back) door can derail your Saturday plans if you’re the one who has to maintain it. But if you’re the one who counts “mowing the lawn” on your weekly list of chores, there’s good news — the scent of freshly mowed grass can boost your mood, relax you and help you live longer.
This factoid was revealed on online retailer eReplacementPart’s infographic on lawn maintenance. Though fall usually signals the end of this chore, you might be surprised at just how much time you’ve spent this year just keeping the grass green (four hours a week, on average). Click the infographic below for more surprising stats.
Core Aeration and Overseeding | Beneficial Fall Lawn Service by Noon Turf Care
Benefits of a Core Aeration and Overseeding from Noon Turf Care
- Maximizes Lawn Density
- Increases Fertilizer & Water Absorption
- Decreases Soil Compaction
- Improves Seed to Soil Contact
- Relieves Excess Thatch
We service the following towns and surrounding areas: Boston | Worcester | Marlborough | Framingham | Waltham | Sudbury | Easton | Lowell Mansfield | Westborough | Franklin | Lexington | Concord | Wilmington | Andover | Fitchburg | Dedham | Milton | Dorchester | Newton | Medford | Somerville | Ashland | Northborough | Shrewsbury | Clinton | Grafton | Woburn | Wakefield | Reading | Burlington | Leominster
For more information on lawn or tree and shrub care, disease control and insect and pest services in Massachusetts, contact our Noon Turf Care Customer Loyalty Center at 978-838-3100 — we have agents available from 8am to 8pm!
To stay up-to-date with the latest lawn care tips, tricks and news, connect with Noon Turf Care in any of the following ways:
Blog and News Site: http://www.noonturfcare.com/blog/
IF YOU ARE OVERSEEDING THIS YEAR, FOLLOW THESE HELPFUL HINTS FOR BETTER RESULTS
If you have invested in our seeding services, your participation in the post-seeding is just as critical as the seeding itself.Â Your assistance in the ongoing care will ensure the success of the new growth, health and color of your lawn. Below are some expert tips to get you started.
Seed Types and Growth:
- Noon uses a combination of premium seed blends not available in retail stores to ensure consistent growth and establishment throughout the fall.
- Be advised that seeding requires a great deal of “TLC” and maintenance.
- The Rye Grass will begin to germinate in 7-14 days. The Rye Grass grows quickly, bringing color to your lawn.
- The Fescue will begin to germinate in 14-21 days. It will help fill in the area and add a medium to dark green color.
Be patient, the speed that your lawn will germinate and grow depends greatly upon the air and soil temperature, soil quality and your watering practices.
Watering & Care:
- New seed should be watered 2-3 times each day, preferably early morning and late afternoon.
- Normally 7 to 15 minutes per zone during each watering cycle is sufficient until seed is established.
- The lawn should be kept lightly damp. Be careful not to over water. Water should not run or puddle on the lawn.
- You should wait until the new seedlings are about 2â€ť before mowing.
- Make sure your blades are sharp so that it does not tug on the new sprouts and raise the blade to 2 Â˝ – 3â€ť for the first couple of mows.
- This will help the new grass develop a deeper root system while not sending your existing grass into shock by cutting off too much of the blade at once.
If you have any questions or concerns, we are here for you from 8am to 6pm Monday through Friday.
The Noon Turf Care Team